SPAX Website

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Never Lose Your Tape Measurer Again! - DIY Tape Measurer Holder

By contributing partner and guest blogger, Isabelle LaRue


I always seem to misplace my measuring tape so I decided to give it its very own dedicated storage spot in my mini-workshop. It took only minutes to make using a piece of metal from an aluminum flashing sheet.





Step 1: I used heavy duty scissors to cut a strip about 1 1/2" inches wide from a 5" x 7" aluminum flashing sheet. The edges can be very sharp, so handle carefully, or better yet, wear gloves to do this.



Step 2: Using a straight edge, bend the metal strip into a u-shape - it should be deep enough to wrap around the sides of the piece of wood you will attach it to and leave about 1/2 inch of space for the measuring tape clip to easily glide in place.


Step 3: I used SPAX Multi-Material Screws to attach the holder to my door organizer. These screws work with metal and wood and don't require any pre-drilling but making a small divot with a nail prior to drilling helps prevent the screw from slipping.



 


Step 4: Slip your measuring tape into the holder



I love having a dedicated spot for my measuring tape in my mini-worshop - no more rummaging through drawers trying to find it!


 

SPAX.US

 
Isabelle LaRue is the creator, producer and host of the award winning DIY home show "Engineer Your Space". Isabelle designs solutions that transform less-than-perfect spaces into beautiful and functional homes. Featured in well known online publications, you can see more from Isabelle at http://www.engineeryourspace.com/ or find her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vote for your favorite design from above!